There are certain dental procedures that we all know well. (Fillings, crowns and dentures, just to name a few). But what about more advanced procedures like full-arch dental implants? Also known as Teeth in a Day or All-on-4 dental implants, this revolutionary procedure is ideal for patients who are missing most or all of their teeth—or their teeth are worn and damaged.
If you’re not familiar with full-arch implants, let’s talk about how they work and their benefits.
How Full-Arch Implants Work
To understand how full-arch implants work, it’s helpful to know how dental implants work. Featuring a 99 percent success rate, dental implants are made of three parts:
- Crown: Also called a prosthesis, this is the visible part of the implant that looks and functions like natural teeth. It’s usually made of porcelain or ceramic.
- Abutment: This acts as a “connector” between the crown (which sits above the gumline) and the implant (which sits below the gumline). It serves a similar function to a screw.
- Implant: Sometimes called a fixture, the implant fuses with the bone in your mouth through a process called osseointegration. It’s usually made from sturdy titanium.
Dental implants act as a permanent, natural-looking alternative to dentures and are the consensus best solution for replacing missing teeth among dentists. All-on-4 takes the concept of dental implants up a notch. Instead of replacing one or two teeth, full-arch dental implants replace your entire arch of teeth. Most patients get both arches replaced, but it’s possible you may only need one arch. Either way, All-on-4 dental implants will create a seamless look across your entire mouth and give you your chewing function back.The best part? They stay in your mouth permanently and look just as natural as your surrounding real teeth.
Benefits of Full-Arch Implants
Full-arch implants don’t just look good, however. They come with a variety of other benefits. Here are some of the advantages you’ll enjoy with Teeth in a Day:
- No diet restrictions: Eat whatever foods you want!
- Natural-looking: A full arch that looks just like natural teeth
- Convenient: Care for full-arch implants just like natural teeth as well
- Efficient: the procedure is designed with efficiency in mind and there are fewer visits than other options like dentures
- Healthy bone: implants stimulate the jawbone, preserving its health and limiting wrinkles
- Confidence: You’ll look and feel years younger, as well as be able to talk with confidence
If you’re interested in full-arch implants and live in or near Pleasant Garden, NC, contact us today for a no-obligation consultation.