If you’re missing teeth or experiencing tooth loss in Pleasant Garden, NC, or the surrounding areas, Dr. Walrond can help you see the life-changing benefits of dental implants.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a solution for people in generally good health who have lost teeth due to gum disease, accidents, or other reasons.
- Dental implants are one of the most predictable and conservative ways of replacing missing teeth with the best long term success. They are the most successful long term of any functional medical implant.
- A Dental implant is like an artificial tooth root and functions as a real tooth root. When a tooth is lost, it can usually be replaced with an implant, which is made of titanium. Therefore, they are durable and integrate into the body well.
- Dental implants have the look, feel and function of natural teeth and can last a lifetime with proper care.
Single Dental Implants
A single missing tooth can cause multiple problems. Your ability to chew is hindered due to the tender area of the missing tooth, your speech is affected and it’s easy to notice the missing tooth when you smile. If left untreated, missing teeth also present long-term problems such as other teeth shifting, jaw deterioration and/or collapse and even heart or brain issues.
Implants replace the entire tooth and the missing root so it is a free-standing restoration. This leaves more of your natural teeth untouched and free of restorations which over time saves your natural teeth. The science shows that the lowest risk to you of losing another tooth is provided if an implant replaces a missing tooth versus any other dental treatment method.
Multiple Dental Implants
If you are missing multiple teeth, fearing dentures or wanting to get rid of your dentures, Dr. Walrond offers a new set of permanent teeth. This revolutionary treatment, called “Teeth in a Day” or “All-on-4 dental implants,” allows you to get a new set of teeth that look and feel like natural teeth.
Dr. Walrond has been trained in this specialty procedure. Learn more about a full set of teeth in 1 day.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Dental implants help to strengthen the whole mouth. When we add a dental implant where a tooth is missing, we replace the whole tooth that is missing. This actually increases the life expectancy of surrounding teeth. In many ways, the implant is more solid than the tooth it is replacing. Bridges and partial dentures weaken the dentition by forcing other teeth to carry the burden of missing ones.
- Dental implants save the jawbone from being lost when a tooth is removed. Without the implant, the bone slowly melts away because there are no physical stresses put on the bone to keep it durable.
- Dental implants do not decay. The most common reason a crown or a bridge fails is decay at the margin where the crown meets the tooth.
Dental implants restore your confidence to talk, laugh, and chew with comfort and without worries. Call today for your complimentary dental implant consultation with Dr. Walrond!