If you’re unhappy with your smile, you’re not alone. According to a study from an international healthcare group, “28 percent of people don’t show their smile when taking pictures on social media because they assume their teeth are unattractive. Also, 81 percent of people state that they believe their teeth look unattractive in photographs.”
The good news? Cosmetic dentistry can help. If you’ve never looked into this option for improving your smile, allow us to go over its benefits and the options you have.
Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
Contrary to popular belief, cosmetic dentistry isn’t all about making your smile look better. Yes, cosmetic dentistry tends to address appearance more than function, but it has several other benefits. Here are some of them:
- Better self-esteem: With cosmetic dentistry, you can feel better about how your smile looks and feels. You’ll have more self-esteem when you have a smile you’re proud of.
- More confidence: Additionally, you’ll have more confidence when it comes to smiling in photos, happily meeting new people and eating your favorite foods.
- Improved functionality: It’s possible that your bite is misaligned or you have crooked teeth. In this case, cosmetic dentistry can help improve the function of your teeth and bite. It can also potentially decrease pain, if you’re experiencing it.
- Youthful appearance: For certain cosmetic dentistry options (like dental implants), you can help preserve a youthful appearance. Implants stimulate the bone in your mouth, which prevents deterioration and reduces the development of wrinkles.
- Better oral health: Hard-to-reach areas of your mouth can be difficult to brush, floss and rinse. With cosmetic dentistry, you can make all of your teeth easier to maintain, which leads to better oral health and improved overall health.
Cosmetic Dentistry Options
So, now that you’ve seen some ways cosmetic dentistry can benefit your oral and social health, what are your options? There are several cosmetic dentistry solutions available today and the one that’s right for you will be up to you and your dentist. Here are some of the cosmetic dentistry options Dr. Walrond provides:
Live in or near Pleasant Garden, NC, and interested in improving your smile with cosmetic dentistry? Contact us today for a consultation.